Tuesday, December 10, 2013

visiting great grandma for the 1st time

Last Tuesday Charlotte and I picked up my parents and we went and visited my grandmother. She has been having some issues with mini strokes/seizures so my aunt, Janice, is here for a visit from California so Charlotte got to meet her great-grandmother and great-aunt for the first time in the same day.

My 90 year old grandma lives in a care home and to be completely honest, I have avoided bringing Charlotte there. Call me a paranoid mom but I wanted to wait a bit before bringing her to a place filled with sick elderly folks - 'tis the cold and flu season after all.

The guilt was racking up and I was missing her dearly so I was so glad to make the trip. And when my grandma saw Charlotte for the first time, I was so glad we went. She sobbed tears of joy. Her reaction was priceless.
 

We had such a great visit and it was so good to catch up with everyone. It got me thinking about my relationship with my grandparents and how I can't wait to see how Charlotte's relationship with her two sets of grandparents is going to develop. If she has half as good an experience with them as I did with mine, she is one lucky girl!

Meeting for the first time. Janet Bower's fourth great-grandchild.
 

Great-niece meets great-aunt.
 
Charlotte was a big fan of all the beautiful Christmas ornaments.
 

Me, Charlotte and my aunt Janice.
 
So glad we visited and made this special introduction.
Family is truly the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!