Thursday, December 12, 2013

motherhood is tough ... but also the very best

 
A friend of mine sent me this article near the end of my pregnancy: 7 THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN MOTHERHOOD GETS TOUGH. It is an awesome reminder now that I'm about 2 months into this crazy new adventure that no matter what, I am doing the best that I can and I am doing a damn good job at being a mother. I have a few articles bookmarked that I return to often on the stressful days.

Being Charlotte's mom has been the biggest blessing of my life. I am so grateful for my new little BFF. She is beyond awesome and I can't even begin to put into words how much I enjoy spending time with her. She is in the process of developing her own personality and I can't wait to see what kind of girl/teenager/woman she will become. 

When I talk to my mommy-to-be friends (I think there's something in the water because I know a ton of people who are expecting right now) they always ask about how Charlotte is doing, how our nights are, etc. I wish I could offer them some pre-advice but to be honest, until you are in it, you won't know how crazy it is. It's not near as hard as everyone told me it would bile but there are moments when I have literally pulled my hair out. I am not as tired as everyone threatened but when she is crying for an hour straight late at night, I feel so overwhelmed and desperate. I cry when she cries but I also smile when she grins and coos at me (so far, her coos are my most favourite thing in my lifetime ... ever). My anxiety overflows when I need to leave the house and she gets fussy but when I start driving and she smiles and watches out the window, I am more calm than I have ever been before.

So there you have it future moms. It's difficult but it is also easy. It's tiring but it's also energizing. It's heart wrenching but my heart is also so full, it feels like it would burst. I have my moments - daily - but always remember, this too shall pass - because it always does. 

Motherhood is tough but it is the best. The very, VERY best. I wish there was a manual, a roadmap to share to make the journey of becoming a mom easier but unfortunately you just have to jump in. You will be awesome. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!