Thursday, January 31, 2013

sisterhood everlasting


I just finished listening to the audiobook version of this book. I had borrowed it from the library once before but couldn't remember why I didn't listen to it. I think someone had it reserved and it was due back so I just decided to return it early. I grabbed it off the shelf for a second time because for anyone who followed the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants gang, I was curious to see where these young ladies ended up. This is their story as women - the teenage years are long behind them.

SPOILER ALERT! I couldn't really get into this story at all at the beginning. I felt that the author just used a lot of huge words for no reason maybe because she used to write to a younger audience? I have no clue as to why but it was hard to follow, way to flowery for no reason and extremely slow. Then - one of the girls dies. It really isn't a spoiler because you learn this very quickly at the beginning of the story and the whole book is based around this revelation. 

I kept listening because I just had to know WHY and HOW. I really enjoyed how the story wrapped up and for anyone who followed the series as a teenage girl, you will be happy to see where these ladies ended up. All in all - look past the grandiose prose and you will enjoy this roller coaster ride of emotions and intertwining story lines of growth and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!