Wednesday, January 16, 2013

cheers to my health! part 2: flu shot or not?


I used to work at The Arthritis Society so I dealt with seniors on a daily basis. When I first started it was important for me to follow all the rules so I dutifully went out and got my flu shot. And I got sick. More sick than I had ever been up to that point in my life. It was horrible to say the least so I am pretty gun shy when it comes to the flu shot. I would love to hear any of your opinions about why you get or don't get the shot, what your thoughts are on the whole thing. I have read a ton of articles and the research seems to go back and forth equally between "get it" and "it doesn't work". Here's one of them: Why the Flu Vaccine Doesn't Work which focuses on the science behind the vaccine.

I'm torn. After having the flu twice this season, I am considering still going to get it this year but I'm not sure. I am definitely looking into it in the fall when the flu season starts again. I heard on the radio this morning that this year's flu has hit more people than the last 3 years combined. That's a scary thought.

I think I am going to wait until the next flu season hits and see what the research says then. Let me know your thoughts - for or against the shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!