Monday, January 28, 2013

what i do when i have a challenging day

Today was a very challenging day for me. I started off feeling happy and strong but by the end of my work day, I had to take some deep breaths because I was about to lose it. These days happen and I used to tackle them with anxiety, frustration and anger. I would even have physical reactions to the difficult people in my lives but this year I have said no more to that crap. Now, I take a deep breath, realize that these people really mean nothing to me in the long scheme of things and that I am better. I am kinder, I am more respectful and I am saner. I try not to let my ego get the most of me but really - anyone who goes about their day being rude and disrespectful to other people really just ... to put it bluntly ... suck. And instead of worrying about what they think or how they feel - honestly - I just don't give a crap anymore because they don't have the power to make me feel anything. I do and I am better.


When I face challenges I tend to do one or a combination of the following ...

  • Take deep breaths.
  • Take a moment to collect myself.
  • Focus on the things in my life that I am grateful for.
  • Have a nap (if possible).
  • I know it is hokey to some but I have The Secret Scrolls app on my iPhone and read it daily.
  • I write in my journal.
  • I blog.
  • I have a bath.
  • I read a book.
  • I do yoga.
  • I have a hot cup of tea or a cool glass of wine.
What gets you through those moments when you want to throw something? Thanks friends. xo

2 comments:

  1. Good for you babe... but you forgot to mention in your list "Email Legare"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!