Saturday, January 26, 2013

oh netflix

When my husband and I bought our home two years ago we knew we weren't going to get cable. I grew up in a house where the TV was always on. If we weren't watching it, it was on in the background. We enjoy music more than TV and find that when we do have the option to watch TV, we get sucked in and don't accomplish much. I started getting movies and TV series from the library that we would watch at night but we weren't wasting time flipping channels and trying to find something that we both wanted to watch.

That was all fine and dandy until Netlix entered our lives :) Our nephew was spending the weekend with us before the holidays and he hooked it up for us through the Wii. Now I can access whatever series or movie I'm into at the moment at work, on my laptop and even on my phone. I must say I do enjoy that freedom and I did enjoy it when I was off sick for a week at the beginning of the month. A lot. That being said - we still only watch it in the evenings and it really is no different than renting a DVD series from the library. The $8.00 a month does not break the bank and since we weren't a slave to the TV for years, there are a ton of series on there that we have never seen before.

So far so good with Netflix but we will see what happens when we have kids - I might just go back to the good old library. We like having the extra time to read, listen to music, work around the house and SLEEP (if I had cable, I know I would not sleep nearly as much as I do now) that having cable distracts us from.

My new favourite. Really looking forward to the next season ...

Watching in the background on my iPhone while I cook and get ready in the morning. I think I might be a goner if I ever got an iPad :)

I just finished watching this and I am SUPER bummed that there were only two seasons. I adore these women ...

Next up with the hubby (and yes - this was his choice) ...

Next up on my own ...


Do you have cable, Netflix, Apple TV or ??? What are your favourite shows, and what keeps you from being too distracted by the TV? Would love to hear your tips and suggestions. Thanks friends. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!