Thursday, January 23, 2014

finding a focus for this space

 
Since I am on maternity leave until October, I am going to work on making this blog a creative outlet for me. When the worries and inconsistency of new motherhood get my anxiety juices flowing on overdrive, writing here soothes my soul. It calms me down and coming up with post ideas and journal entries distracts me. It's a very healthy outlet for me.

In the next few months I hope to focus the content a bit more, and work out a more regular content calendar. Right now this space is just my online journal - a place to dump my thoughts, ideas and inspiration but I am a creature of habit, and I thrive on structure so I look forward to a bit more structure.

I'm not saying I have a unique blog, but I do find it hard to put it into one category. Life musings? Yes. Motherhood topics? Definitely. A humour outlet? Occasionally. Inspiration? Sometimes. It's an assortment of everything that matters most to me, a collection of happy, creative, honest things and thoughts. I want this space to not just be a place for my thoughts, but a place for you, the reader, to enjoy and be a part of too.

I hope to focus on:
  • Being a New Mom // All things new parent related, my thoughts, hopes, fears and challenges, and my "1st Time Mom Review Series" will continue every Friday.
  • Organization // To do lists, menu planning, goal setting, agendas, calendars - all things to help my OCD need for a schedule. :)
  • Inspiration // Wish list items, quotes, pretty things, stuff I love and think you would enjoy to take note of, products I'd love to try and stuff I find that intrigues me.
  • Life Musings // Honest, journal type entries about my family, our adventures, my dreams and my life in general.
  • Monthly Fun // Taking stock, the many faces of Charlotte and recently posts.
I hope to clean up my tags so it's easier to find past posts, and create a more organized, and more functional blog. And more photos are a must!

Instead of working on a post for every day of the week, I'm going to focus on Monday to Friday with Saturdays and Sundays being optional.

Thanks so much to all my readers - your comments are greatly appreciated. Let's have an awesome year together. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!