Wednesday, February 6, 2013

have I been eating unlucky charms?


On Sunday night after the Super Bowl I went to bed early. I wasn't feeling super great but just figured it had been a long weekend and I needed to get some sleep before Monday approached. I tossed and turned for a bit and then all hell broke loose around midnight. I threw up every 20 minutes from 12:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday afternoon. It was HORRIBLE to say the least.

Now, if you know me, I was super sick in November and the beginning of January. I know, I know - that is a lot of sick for one girl but the thing is, this flu season is at epidemic levels and I am not the only person around who has gotten sick more than once this winter. Yes - I seem to have gotten 3 different strains of the flu but that's because there are multiple strains out there to catch! I didn't get a flu shot (my bad) because I have had a bad reaction to it in the past. I have been trying to live a healthier way and honestly, I do feel better all around for the most part. But now, I am just frustrated.

It is not my fault that I am sick. And if you happen to get sick after you have been around me, that may not be my fault either. Everyone is sick. It happens, it's a part of life in 2013. It is what it is! I am not an unhealthy person. There isn't something wrong with me. I just happen to be unlucky! Sorry - I'll try harder to stay healthy next year since I definitely chose to be sick more than once (insert sarcastic face here).

Thanks for listening to my rant friends. Some people have been super supportive during this frustrating time and others, not so much. I am so appreciative and always need to remember: Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. A big THANK YOU to those who matter. xo

PS - Just found this article and it has lots of really great (although American) information. Scroll to the bottom for some great, natural tips to stay healthy during flu season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!