Friday, February 8, 2013

dealing with difficult people - i know


There are several difficult people in my life that, unless I make some drastic life changes, I am sort of stuck with. Work people. Soccer people. Family people. It's hard. I know that what they say is a reflection on them and not a reflection on me. I know that no one can make me feel any which way except for myself. I know that they really do not matter in the life scheme of things. I know that I am better, kinder and more respectful. I know all of this but still ... it's hard. It's hard to deal with disrespectful behaviour. It's hard to be belittled and just shrug it off. It's hard to be put down and degraded and move on with or without an apology. I know that most people see these people the same way I do but we just deal with it. We know we can't change them but still - when is enough enough? When is unacceptable behaviour no longer tolerated? When are selfish acts called out and when will these people have to live with the consequences of their actions. I know it is not up to me to make these calls but I am at the end of my rope with some of these difficult people. I have taken courses in the past on how to deal with these types but no matter how often you get rid of one, another one pops up. That is life and I must live with it. I know that but for now, I am over it. 

Found this via and it is helping me keep focused and calm:
33. It’s okay to protect yourself from the people who trigger you. Unsubscribe. Unfollow. Avoid. Make your excuses. Sometimes we just have to protect our hearts, and if there’s someone who makes you feel crap you don’t have to let them into your world. 34. Having said that, be sure to look at WHY they trigger you once you’ve filtered them out of your day-to-day. We can learn a lot from feeling uncomfortable — what’s the bigger message here?

What is the bigger message? It's kind of foggy right now but I know I will come out the other side happier, stronger and better. You know how the song goes ... "Ain't nobody going to hold me down". Ain't nobody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!