Monday, June 10, 2013

what i've learned since i started telling people i'm pregnant


People kind of suck, are super selfish and incredibly judgmental. Not everyone, of course, but some of the reactions and comments I received so far have really surprised me.

"You HAVE to wait until the baby is born to find out the sex."
Um ... why? This is not your decision and although I appreciate hearing your stories and advice, I can make up my own mind thank you very much, and we will do what is best for our family.

"You are hungry all the time? Why? Is something wrong with you?"
Um ... what? I'm pregnant. I'm hungry and therefore I eat as much healthy food as I want to, or makes me feel good. This is a normal side effect of pregnancy and the fact that someone doesn't realize that, is just plain dumb.

"Sorry, but I hope it's a girl."
Okay. Why are you sorry? I can't magically make a boy or a girl. It isn't a decision. Are you going to be upset if it's a boy? Are you going to apologize if it's a boy? Just plain weird people!

"Don't worry, you're going to have plenty more pregnant bitchy moments to come."
Wow. Thanks for that. Or maybe you are just extra special annoying today and I'm just now deciding to let you know!

"Yeah - I know exactly how you feel."
Really? Do you? You know exactly how I feel inside my body? Ignorance is not bliss people - it's stupidity.

Came across this article and realized I'm not the only pregnant woman who has had to deal with stupid people :)

What's the stupidest thing you heard when you told people you were pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!