Saturday, June 8, 2013

i am pregnant

Say what now? I am still in shock and not quite sure what to do with myself. When my doctor confirmed the pregnancy I stared blankly at her and asked, "Now what?" She asked if I had any questions and I said, "A million but first I think I might crap my pants." Yep - classy :)

  • Tuesday, February 12, 2013
    • Previously I had made a non-emergency doctor's appointment for this day just to check in because I have been so sick this cold and flu season. I woke up that morning and noticed that my armpits were really sore (which is part of the reason for going into the doctor in the first place). I decided to take a home pregnancy test (really - just for s&*^%s and giggles) and it said I was PREGNANT. Shocked, I tried to take another one but couldn't pee because I had just gone to the bathroom. I waited and took the test at work ... 2 tests said I was PREGNANT. Ironically - my boss came into work that morning and told us that her daughter (same age as me) is pregnant for the second time. I am so thrilled for their family. My boss is an amazing grandmother :) Went to my appointment and told the nurse that I thought I was pregnant and that my armpits weren't the problem - I just had really sore breasts. Surprise, surprise - not sure how I didn't figure it all out sooner! She took a urine sample and I waited and then had to explain the whole thing over to the doc again. And she confirmed it - I'm PREGNANT. When I got back to the office I was still shocked. It felt so surreal. I had to wait the rest of the day before heading home and I came up with a special way to tell my hubby. I sat and waited for him to get home (it was a LONG day) and when he finally put 2 and 2 together, his reaction was priceless. I just love him so much. After all that waiting, there was no way I was cooking so we went to our regular celebration spot - good old White Spot - for dinner and talked about what might be. It was an exhausting, frightening, stressful, amazing, beautiful day.
  • Wednesday, March 6, 2013
    • Chad and I both had the day off because we had our very first ultrasound. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I had a bath in the morning and felt horrible so I watched an episode of "Mad Men" before Chad got cranky and wanted to leave early because he wanted to return something at Country Lumber. I did what they told me and peed an hour and a half before the appointment and drank a large amount of water. We were at the appointment early and when they finally called my name, then told Chad to wait in the waiting room. I waited for a tech to come get me and she said she was going to do some looking first and then she would call Chad in so we could see the heartbeat together. It didn't sound good or promising from the start because she was super quiet and in total concentration. She thought she found a heartbeat but couldn't be sure so she said she had to do another type of ultrasound (where a wand is inserted ... um ... where the sun don't shine) and she could tell me close to the day of my due date. Okay. Fine. I went to the bathroom (this test needed to be done on an empty bladder) and then went and got Chad. Of course he made jokes when I was getting changed and when the procedure started. A few minutes later we saw the blueberry with the rapid heartbeat on the screen and was told that I am 7 weeks and due October 24th, 2013. I thought I would feel happy, relieved, motherly, focused, ecstatic ... something, ANYTHING positive but I felt sad. ONLY 7 WEEKS - 4 or 5 more weeks until the "safe zone" and 4 or 5 more WEEKS of feeling like absolute crap. A wave of depression hit me as we walked to the truck. How was I going to survive my first trimester?
  • Friday, April 12, 2013 (Also my Mom's 62nd Birthday!)
    • Had a touch of the flu on top of everything and that turned 3 or 4 days of my life into a disaster. Had a pre-set doctor's appointment for my pregnancy physical so hubby drove me and I suffered through it. Bright side - I heard our baby's heart beat! Loud, clear, powerful, fast and - most importantly - happy. Um yeah - so this is really happening :)
  • Thursday, June 6, 2013
    • We went to our 20 week ultrasound and the baby is 100% healthy and on target for all measurements, etc. So happy. Husband got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time so it was all perfect and magical. When we got home the baby was moving like crazy - the first time I really noticed it. I guess he or she was annoyed with the pressure from the ultrasound wand for about half an hour :)
So I'm 20 weeks, morning sickness is over but I'm still feeling sick daily. Heartburn runs my life these days but we find out the sex on Monday. Woohoo - cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!