Tuesday, January 18, 2011

missing gord today

Today marks 9 years since I lost my dad to cancer (started with stomach and then took over his whole body ... and eventually - I think - his whole soul). This past year has been a HUGE one for me and it made me think more and more about my dad and how much I miss having him in my life. Chad and I got married last September and I know my dad was with me every step of the way that day. Chad has never met him and although this makes me sad, I have comfort in the fact that I know they would have gotten along and been best pals - I just know it. And even though my dad won't ever get to meet the children that Chad and I one day plan on having, I will tell my children all the wonderful stories of my dad and I that I remember from my own childhood ... I love you always dad and miss you terribly but I am glad you are in a better place safe from the pain and suffering you had to endure. I can't wait to see you again ... you know I have a lot of questions that need answering :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!