Friday, August 31, 2012

september goals

We are at the very beginning of my most favourite time of the year - September 1st to December 31st. I tolerate the rest of the year (I am exaggerating a lot when I say this because life is really good the whole year through) but this third of the year makes me so HAPPY! I love everything fall has to offer - the colours, the clothes, the food, the smells, the weather, the start of soccer season, the family get-togethers ... Yes! I love it ALL :) Going to have to set some great goals to go along with this amazing time of the year! It truly is (for me) "The most wonderful time of the year!". What are your goals for the fall/winter?


September Goals:
  1. Drink more H2O.
  2. Take more photos.
  3. Get front window on our house fixed.
  4. Get our furnace inspected (bought the Groupon so now just have to call and get an appointment set up).
  5. Work on truly not caring what anyone else things and not needing validation. I am good enough and I need to know it!

Updated August Goals:
  1. Continue going to my Monday night appointments. (More on this in a future post.)
    • I have only missed one of these since I started. To say that I love going and that I am proud of myself are both understatements :)
  2. Finish a jewelry project I have been working on for a friend's birthday.
    • Done, presented and loved :)
  3. Save enough money to replace our front window.
    • This will be done by the end of September!
  4. Start and finish reading the book 'Boundaries'.
    • Finding this very challenging and amazing at the same time. I actually get really 
  5. Visit my Grandma at least twice.
    • Done and done. Love, love, LOVE!
On-Going Goal Updates:
  1. Start working on Legare's MOH speech.
    • August: Have not started but do have it on my list and have some very fun ideas for a starting point.
    • September: Starting working on a little something, something extra for my main girl. Excited about it!
  2. Create summer photo albums as gifts for two very special people in my life.
    • August: Have purchased supplies but have not physically started working on this project. I feel okay about this as these are Christmas gifts so I have time.
    • September: Have purchased more supplies and printed off some photos. Can't wait to jump into this a bit more over the fall!
  3. Brainstorm for an on-going creative project.
    • August: Haven't figured out an 'on-going' project but have been working on a few different things here and there so I feel really good about that. Lots of ideas floating through my head - now it is just time to start executing those ideas!
    • September: I think it is fair to cross this one off the old list. With three scrapbook and a few jewelry projects on the go, I am feeling quite creative at the moment!
  4. Book some time off to work around the house.
    • August: I just talked to the girls in the office about booking the last week of August off. A week of doing a lot of nothing here I come.
    • September: DONE! I still need to paint the fence but Chad and I had all of last week off of work. It was a bit of a disaster but this goal can still be marked as complete!
  5. Eat more slowly, say grace and think before eating.
    • September: I have zero clue as to why but this is such a challenge for me!
  6. Brainstorm more ways to use my organizational skills for a possible career choice.
    • September: I'm going to take this one off the list because I am very confident that I am going to stay where I am until we have a child. More on that later (and nope - not knocked up yet!)
  7. Work on a craft project per week.
    • September: I am so on it!
  8. Get my recipe project in order and start cooking them!
    • September: Must work on this for the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!