Thursday, August 1, 2013

pregnancy // dreaming


One of the side effects of pregnancy is crazy dreams. No one really knows why this is a thing but apparently the closest they can guess is that it has to do with the extra hormones surging through your body when pregnant. Hmm - I thought the hormones were just making me a wee bit crazy and emotional but turns out, they are effecting me in a variety of ways every single minute of every single day!

My pregnancy dreams have run the gamut:
  • I have, on more than one occasion, cheated on my husband in my dreams. With me, with women, with old people, with young people, with friends and with famous people. I have to admit - I have enjoyed some of these dreams but some of them, I would have to classify them as straight up nightmares!
  • Sometimes I wake up and can't remember what I was dreaming about but I can feel pure stress from the top of my head to the tips of my toes ... just a big ball of anxiety and stress. It hurts physically and I can feel my heart slow as I finally realize that I was sleeping and not awake the whole time. Not a fan of these dreams at all - and really wonder what the heck I am actually stressing out about!!
  • I have also had several dreams about past events - from elementary school, to high school and about different stages in my relationship with my husband. Kind of feels like I am re-living my life all over again in my dreams. Hope this isn't a sign of my life slowing flashing before my eyes - ha ha!
What was your weirdest dream when you were expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!