Monday, June 18, 2012

why hello monday!

This weekend was filled with friends, family, reading and watching. Got a lot and nothing accomplished all at the same time. My to do list isn't any shorter but spending time with my niece and nephews is so fulfilling and rewarding that nothing else really matters in that moment. Just love them so much! Did seem to finish some movies and books though ... always feels good to start a new week with a new read!

I listened to this audiobook and every time I thought I might just turn it off, there was a twist in the storyline that kept me listening. I am still a huge fan of Anna Quindlen's but am finding her non-fiction much more enjoyable than her fiction.

Jen Lancaster is by far one of my favourite authors. She is silly, funny and ridiculous - and I love her. Check out her books - you will not be disappointed if you are looking for a fun read and a good laugh. I promise! This is her first fiction novel and it was my favourite so far! Enjoy her!

Such a good performance by Michelle Williams but the story just showed what a tragic and sad little girl Marilyn really was. Quite surprising really how we, as a society, has put this pill popping princess on such a high pedestal. How quickly we judge but how quickly we forget as well.

No words just big, BIG love!

Do not watch this movie. So disappointed - horrible acting and a hard-to-follow story line equals one big hot mess of a movie. Don't do it - consider yourself warned :)

And because I love her and because yesterday was Father's Day and my dad is no longer with us and my step-father and I are in a big of sour place right now and she cheers me right up, I give you Heart ...


Have a wonderful week friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!