Tuesday, June 5, 2012

another winner


I read "Guts" by Kristen Johnston in two days. This is new for me because I love to read but usually only read a little bit here and there before bed, in the bath, etc. This wasn't a hard read and the font was actually quite large and spread out so it wasn't a huge novel but I just couldn't put it down. It might have something to do with the fact that we are part way through the second season of "3rd Rock from the Sun" so I am fascinated that Sally has a ton of issues in real life. But I just get really into stories about famous people with problems - not sure why but I do. And I thought that the title "Guts" had to do with having guts to get through in Hollywood or something like that. Nope. It has to do with her guts actually exploding while she was living in London doing a play. A quick and honest read that is hard to stomach (no pun intended) from time to time but I would recommend it. She is beautifully honest. Very refreshing and besides, don't you love how an actress playing an alien on TV can also be a drug addict in real life? This world never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!