Thursday, February 24, 2011

just finished ...

My husband calls Whitney Port horse face (similar to Sarah Jessica Parker - sorry ladies!) but I think Ms. Whit is a true delight. She is gorgeous in a "not-trying-too-hard-california-girl" type of way and she seems genuine and real. I loved her on The Hills and then loved her on The City. I am not a fashionista at all. I prefer a pair of jeans, a pair of flip flops and a t-shirt to anything else you could put me so I find her style (and stylings) to be quite loud and crazy and unwearable - for me - but there is just something about her that makes me smile. I pre-ordered her book at the library and got an email that my fresh, brand-new copy was ready for pick up. It took me about 2 days to read it cover to cover because it is filled with lists and photos and quotes, etc. but it had some really fun advice. I skipped a few pages here and there - especially the dating portion of the book because I think that now I am a Mrs, I have that covered :) The thing I truly loved about this book was the introduction pages at the beginning of each section. I read them as if I was having a conversation with Whitney about clothes, exercising, food, party planning ... I heard her voice throughout the whole guide book which to me - is a huge plus. Bonus for me (the editor in me from college can never die) is that I found only 1 mistake throughout the book. This book is a guide for the early 20-something set but having just celebrated my 32nd birthday, I enjoyed some of the tips and tricks and would recommend browsing this book to anyone who enjoys Whitney and doesn't think she has a horse face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!