Monday, February 28, 2011

it finally happened

Someone actually took time out of their day to complain about how much time I spend on Facebook. I had to be reminded today about "company policy" as well as "the employee handbook", etc. The fact that someone actually pays attention to how much time I spend on a social media site and that they took precious breath (or quite possibly precious energy typing an email) is amazing to me. At the time the time the comment was made I had so many feelings and emotions swimming through my body (anger, frustration, hatred, laughter) that I had to put this into writing. Let me just make this clear - my work Facebook page is attached to my personal account. I know, I know - stupid set up - but when I started using Facebook to promote work events and activities, I didn't know much about it and now I am waiting for a professional to help me switch it over to a new account without losing all the info, etc. So I am on Facebook the majority of the day to check on my work FB status'. Before I had a work page attached to my profile, I would check Facebook maybe once or twice a day and usually on my lunch break. If you go back far enough in my history you would know that. This is just another reason that I have placed in my "must-find-a-way-to-work-for-myself" jar. I strongly DISLIKE how people pay close attention to what I am doing.

a) it really is none of your business.
b) do you not have anything better to do with your time?
c) when did it become okay to bypass an employee and rat on them to their boss?
d) who does that?

Anywho - I am obviously still frustrated with this transaction and needed to vent. Complaints about my work ethic and productivity are few and far between but when they come, the sure to mess with my head and get my blood boiling. Ah well - onto bigger and better things. I have to remember my quote of the day:

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!