Friday, September 13, 2013

baby girl's first teddy bear

Last night we went to dinner at White Spot to celebrate my step-dad's 66th birthday. Happy birthday big guy! My aunt and uncle joined us and it was so great to catch up with them. I am 34 weeks pregnant and my aunt hadn't seen me before last night. She was so cute - gushed about how good I looked, teared up. It was a very sweet moment in this very journey I have had so far.

My aunt and uncle surprised me with the first new "toy" gift for baby girl - "My First Teddy" by Gund. This teddy bear is large, pink, soft and perfect. I love it so I cannot see our little girl not loving it too. And it is extra special because when I was growing up, my mom and I collected Gund bears (we still have a handful that we can't seem to part with).


I recently washed up old "Cozy Bear" - a Gund bear that I got from my dad back in 1985. He passed away 10 years ago so this is a treasure for me. The poor bear doesn't look quite as good as this guy on eBay (which someone is trying to sell for $36.99 - wow) but I wanted to include him in the nursery so he is there and clean (whether my husband likes it or not - ha ha).


The nursery is coming together and I am hoping to show some photos soon. My friend is throwing me a girlfriend only baby shower tomorrow so I am sure Sunday will be spent putting some new goodies (and treasures) away to await for baby girl's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!