Monday, May 20, 2013

recently ...

We finished watching the third season of Modern Family and it just keeps getting better and better. Oh Phil!
 
My husband had seen Band of Brothers before but he was itching to watch it again so I ordered it from the library. I loved it. I enjoy anything about WWII. I think it's because my grandfather fought in the war. My Aunt (who lives in California) is coming for a visit at the end of June and I am super excited so that I can ask her a bunch of questions about my grandfather's tour of duty. Ironically, she sent me a text the other day saying she just put together a DVD of my grandfather's war journey - from his first battle to his last reunion. I cannot wait to watch it. History before my eyes amazes me.

I read a book a while back that was based fictionally on the Columbine tragedy and after I finished, I wanted to learn more about it then just the information I saw on the news back in 1999. Columbine is a very researched timeline of Eric and Dylan's journey to April 20, 1999. Everything from their family lives to their school friends and their early brushes with the law. The news only told us one side of the story and this book tells you every side. I feel for all the people involved - and all the lives ruined by a sociopath and his depressed sidekick friend.

I have read all of Kat Von D's books that are basically her thoughts in journal form intertwined with photos and details on her clients and their tattoos. Go Big or Go Home is about her clients' bigger tattoos and mixed in are mini essays on things that are close to her heart - individuality, strength, creativity, independence, presence, wisdom, and altruism - and draws on engaging and inspiring stories from her own life and those of her clients throughout each section. If you are at all a fan of tattoos or her art, you will enjoy this quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!