Friday, May 31, 2013

recently on netflix

For some reason the hubby and I have been blowing through shows on Netflix like there is no tomorrow. We don't watch a lot of TV at all because we only have Netflix and we only have an hour or so in the evening when we have time to watch them but I must admit that I do tend to have an episode playing in the background on my iPhone while I'm cooking or cleaning after dinner. 

These are the shows we have been watching recently. Do you have any suggestion of a good Netflix (Canadian) series for us to get into next?

Kevin Spacey is THE MAN. There is no denying that. This one took a little while for the husband to enjoy but anything about American politics and scandals tend to interest me. I have no interest in Canadian politics whatsoever but the American system intrigues me to know end. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright were amazing (except I must admit I was a little distracted by Kevin's double chin in some scenes). I actually thought that this would wrap up in 1 season but it left a huge cliff-hanger in the last scene so I look forward to watching the next season.

I started watching Life on my own and was instantly hooked. Aside from the fact that I could not take my eyes off of Sarah Shahi (stunning), I really enjoyed the characters and the storyline - cop framed for family friends murders and spends 12 years in prison to later be given a $50 million settlement for his troubles. Cop becomes a cop again to fight crime and figure out who framed him. I always seem to enjoy a crime show where they solve a murder each episode but there is a larger storyline that intertwines through the whole season. I was sad that this was cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Similar to Life, The Glades is about a detective who solves a crime each episode but his life story mixes in throughout the entire season. Very similar concept and hey, the leading man isn't too hard on the eyes!

We are part way through the 4th season of Arrested Development. We were so excited when they brought this show back to Netflix and could not wait for it to begin. I am a bit disappointed. Although super clever and the way they are connecting all the characters is absolutely genius, I am just not finding it that funny. Except for Gob and Tobias - they always make me laugh.

I just started this series and am thoroughly enjoying it. Half hour episodes filled with a witty cast of characters who basically poke fun at the American development industry. More money is the name of the game - at any cost. And I do enjoy a show that makes a mockery for any office situation - oddly I relate to a lot of the jokes but I think anyone who has worked in an office for more than a few years can see the similarities. And Portia de Rossi is one of the main characters so you can't really go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!