Thursday, November 28, 2013

why don't they seem to get it?

My friend sent me this article a while ago and I filed it away in my "I must get to this and read it one day" file. When I did, it kind of blew my mind: 16 Ways I Blew My Marriage.

My husband does almost all of these things. On a regular basis. And it drives me nuts. Every. Single. Time. But that is why he does it. He gets off on pushing my buttons for some reason.

Maybe it's because he only has brothers and never had a sister to tease. Maybe it's because he comes from a family dominated by strong male figures so he never really learned how to properly express love. Maybe it's because I'm just there and he's bored. Whatever the reason, I have learned (only took me 5 years) that he does it because it's his way of showing me he loves me and that he wants to have a fun and silly life together. Can I really get mad at him for that?

My mom gave me some great advice a long time ago that has always stuck with me, "If your situation is above 50% in the direction of good vs. bad, then you are doing great because nothing is ever going to be 100% good 100% of the time." And she is SO right.

He drives me nuts and I am pretty sure that Pink wrote this song with me specifically in mind but he is all mine and recently, I have fallen in love with him all over again. Hard and for the long run.


 
Read the article and listen to the song ladies - I know you will all be able to relate to them both to some degree. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!