Wednesday, September 5, 2012

recently read and viewed

If you've been following my blog at all - or have just caught the random post here and there - you will know that I love to read. It is definitively something that is part of me and something that I would truly miss if I wasn't able to do it for some reason or another. I love learning and growing and exploring through books. I hope you enjoy my mini-reviews as much as I enjoy doing the research for them :)

I listened to this audiobook in the car and thought it was just another "chick lit" listen. By the time I got to the last disc, I didn't want it to end. I fell in love with the ladies who made up the main characters and really enjoyed how they wrapped everyone's storylines (and lives) in the end. If only everyone dealt with their problems the way these ladies do. They figured it out and it works. A fun and easy read for your fall reading list ladies!

Wild was another audibook listen. I really enjoyed this book but not as much as Oprah did :) It was amazing to listen to Cheryl's story unfold. She seemed like a little girl lost and after her journey and hike on the Pacific Crest Trail, she became a woman who knew herself inside and out. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to see how other people survive, thrive and grow like I do.

And onto movies ... Watched Wanderlust and LOVED it. It was adorable. Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston are hilarious actors and when you put them together you get a ton of smiles and laughs. I now even understand when Jen sees in Justin Theroux. This movie was easy to watch and be sure not to miss the gag reel!

 I found the concept of this movie really interesting. Cop accused of stealing a diamond from wealthy business man and is sent to jail. Cop escapes and has a very extravagant plan to prove his innocence. There were some funny parts (the brother-in-law and his girlfriend are hilarious) and some cheesy parts (the ending) but both husband and I enjoyed it. If you can rent it from the library vs a video store, I would recommend the free rental :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!